It’s hard to believe I will be on the ground in India less than a month from now. The last 3 months have flown by. Seriously, I don’t think I have ever experienced time go by so quickly. God has been up to some incredible work in my life lately. He has taken me down a road I never would have dreamed of (and I haven’t even left Washington yet). God has been showing me the truth of Proverbs 16:9 “The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.” Planning and dreaming are important, but trusting God for the ultimate outcome is critical. I have learned that I can dream and plan all I want, but God’s purposes will prevail.
In preparing to go to India, I have been blessed and overwhelmed by the support of my family and many dear friends. It is an amazing blessing to have friends telling me they are praying for me, to have them pray with me, and to have my family pray with and for me. Prayers are so encouraging and the support I have received is truly a testimony of God’s faithfulness. I would like to give you all an update about some of the amazing things God has done in my life lately and would also like to share with you some more specific things you can be praying for.
First of all, God is so faithful! His steadfast love is amazing! In the past several months I have gained a greater understanding of who God is and have experienced His love and provision in ways I never imagined possible. God “is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us” (Ephesians 3:20). I have learned what it means to praise God for his faithfulness and provision. As a child, I was often confused about the praising part of prayer. I knew in my head God was amazing and faithful, because I had been told. More recently, God’s amazing love and faithfulness have become very real to me. I have been overwhelmed by His faithfulness and am learning to praise Him in everything. Here are some specific praises and ways God has shown up in my life:
- His provision. When I started fundraising in late February, the number I had to raise was quite daunting. I wasn’t sure how it was going to be possible. In less than 2 months God provided more than enough money to cover my expenses.
- Completing first year of college. Normally, SFCC does not get out of class until late June. I was able to complete all of my classes last week and don’t have to worry about getting any more school work done before I leave.
- Confidence and Peace. At the beginning of this journey, I was facing a lot of anxiety. I was nervous about getting vaccines, getting on a plane, and about leaving for a month. God has filled me with peace regarding all three. I got the vaccines with no trouble at all. I no longer tremble at the thought of stepping on a plane, but am filled with peace knowing I am headed right where God wants me. The thought of leaving is no longer frightening either. I have surrendered to God’s leading and He has filled me with confidence and excitement.
- Family. My family has been incredibly supportive of my going to India. I think we have all grown closer in the past few months and I have been immensely blessed by the love and support my parents, as well as each of my brothers, have shown me.
Secondly, there are still many things on my mind as I prepare to leave. The time is drawing nearer and it is taking some crazy trust to remain calm and trust God through everything. I would be so blessed if you would keep me in your prayers for the following requests as well as anything else God puts on your heart to pray for:
- Pray that God will fill me with peace and calm during the next few weeks. Just thinking about the limited number of days before I leave is overwhelming. I know this is exactly where God wants me right now, but I am still learning to trust Him daily.
- Pray that all the necessary documents will be arranged in time. I found out last week that I would need a Visa. Shortly after I applied, I received an email letting me know my Visa application had been rejected. We are not quite sure why, but I still have two more chances to apply before this Friday.
- Pray that God will continue preparing my heart for all that He has in store.
- Pray for me, as well as for the rest of my team, that anxiety will not take hold. For many of us, going to India is a step way beyond anything we imagined. I am pretty sure we are all learning to trust God’s faithfulness and protection each day. Pray for peace and strength in the days ahead.
Before I go, I am hoping to establish a team of prayer supporters. I will, Lord willing, be sending out email updates (at least weekly) with praises and specific prayer requests. I know many of you are already praying for me, but if you would like to get updates and be on the prayer team email list please let me know. If you would like to get updates starting now and throughout this journey there are two ways you can get them.
- Let me know if you would like to be added to the list of people on my prayer team. I am hoping to send out email updates with praises and prayer updates weekly. You can message me your email addresses on Facebook.
- You can subscribe to this blog at the bottom of the page in order to get an email every time I post an update on this blog.
I am so thankful to have the support of so many and would love to include you in all God is doing in my life!